Bo Diddley Plaza
Downtown Community Plaza
Gainesville, FL 32601
1:00 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013
Food | Wine,
Nightlife | Singles
On Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th Enjoy grape stomping activities at the Bo Diddley Community Plaza along with wine and food pairing tours to all of your favorite downtown establishments!
1pm to 5pm: Wine and Food Pairing Tours
1pm to 5pm: Purchase and Tasting Pavilions
1pm to 5pm: Live Music
1pm to 5pm: Silent Auction
1pm to 6pm: Local Vendors featuring Local Art, Food and Crafts
5pm: Lucille Ball Look-A-Like Contest
5:30pm: Grape Stompin’ Finals
5:50 to 6pm: Community Partner of the Year Award
Locations and Activities
Bo Diddley Community Plaza
Events featured at the plaza will include grape stomping contests, art exhibits, live music, carriage and gondola rides, silent auction, and a Lucille Ball look-alike contest!
Wine and Food Paring Tours
On these two-hour wine and food pairing tours you will experience the quality, uniqueness and tastes of Gainesville's historic downtown restaurant district.
First Tour: You Had Me At Merlot
1) Vellos Historic Brickstreet Grill: Tuna and Avocado Carpaccio on Cucumber
2) Bombay: Chicken Tikka
3) Dragonfly Sushi: Sushi roll sampler - Katsu Shrimp Roll/Crunchy Gator Roll
4) Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille: Applewood-smoked bacon wrapped scallops glazed with citrus and served with mini grit cakes and Tasso cream sauce
5) The Gelato Company: Gelato
Second Tour: Pinot You Didn't
1) Smokehouse BBQ: Pulled Pork Barbecue Quesadilla Wedge
2) Stubbies and Steins: Cherry Mostarda over Weisswurst
3) The Alcove catered by Cafe C: Meatballs with your choice of Marinara or BBQ sauce
4) Emiliano's Cafe: Green Apple and Manchego Canapé with Caramalized Onion Jam
5) Sarkara Sweets: Cupcakes
Grape Stompin' Contest
Ready...Set...SQUISH! Enter the grape stomping contest so that you can cross this amazing experience off your bucket list! The five contestants that squeeze the most juice will take center stage at 5pm to compete for a complimentary cruise for two on board the Bahamas Celebrations Cruiseline.
Everyone can join in on the fun as both grape stomping and the bounce house are free for kids!
Lucille Ball Look-Alike Contest
Winner of this contest will take home the following prize compliments of Sixth Street Station Salon & Healthy Glow Day Spa at Sixth Street Station:
- Signature Facial with Brow or Facial Wax
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Color Service, Hair Cut and Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Make-Up Application
- Additional Hair Cut for Male Companion
The silent auctions will be taking place at the two wine tasting pavilions. Don't miss your chance to bid on amazing sponsored prizes. These auctions will be featuring gifts from participating businesses, local donors and exclusive auction houses.
Pledge to buy more from local businesses this year and receive a FREE Grape Stompin' Tote Bag. During Grape Stompin' their will be an assortment of local vendors featuring art, food and crafts made right here in your community.
Pledge 5 Foundation gives you the opportunity to give back to the Gainesville community through public service. Pledge five (5) hours of your time to volunteer with one of your favorite charities!
1) Ronald McDonald House of Gainesville
2) St. Francis House Pet Clinic
3) Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary
4) Haven Hospice
5) Boys and Girls Club of Alachua County
6) Bread of the Mighty Food Bank
7) Helping Hands Pet Rescue Visit EventBrite.com for pricing.