Outdoors | Recreation,
2013 RayZ Awareness/Bill Walter III Melanoma Research Fund 5K:
• Bill Walter III was a resident of Ormond Beach, a graduate of Spruce Creek High School, husband, father and an athlete.
• In January 1995 Bill was diagnosed with level 5 melanoma.
• In August 1998 friends, family and classmates rallied together to bring the first annual Bill Walter III Melanoma 5K to Ormond Beach with Bill and his family there.
• Three months later Bill lost his battle with this dreaded disease.
• The battle continues as Bill's positive spirit lives on in the hearts of those who are trying to help find a cure for melanoma.
• The 16th annual run, RayZ Awareness, will take place on the beach at the Granada Beach approach.
• Donations are gratefully accepted.
• Music, food, $5.00 sports massage and cancer screening will be part of the post race activities.
• • • $25 before 4/17, $30 after Youth & Team: $20 before 4/17, $25 after Mile: $15 before 4/17, $20 after