Advanced Clinical Management of the Patient Post Spinal Cord InjurySaturday, January 12th- Sunday, January 13th, 20138:30AM - 5:00PM INSTRUCTORMark Bowden, PT, PhD
Department of Health Sciences and Research
Medical University of South CarolinaLOCATIONBrooks Rehabilitation Hospital
3599 University Blvd. South
Room: Brooks 1 & 2
Jacksonville, FL 32216
This course delivers evidence based physical therapy management for the patient who has suffered a traumatic or non-traumatic spinal cord injury. The curriculum includes SCI population targeted standardized assessments, a multisystem approach to the physical therapy management of these patients along with the latest research on both compensatory and recovery interventions.COURSE OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course attendees will be able to…
1. Describe the emergency management and medical risks of the traumatic and non-traumatic SCI patient.
2. Demonstrate the administration and scoring of the ASIA Evaluation.
3. Recommend the appropriate wheelchair/assistive equipment.
4. Instruct patients in advanced wheelchair skills.
5. Utilize the best standardized assessment tool for this population.
6. Understand and describe locomotor training as a model of neuroplastic-based intervention.
7. Describe compensatory versus recovery models of rehabilitation.INTENDED FOR: PT, PTA, OT, OTA Registration Fee:
Brooks Clinicians 154.74
Non-Brooks Participants 282.87